Monday 10 October 2011

Lady Gaga: Plastic Surgery, Body Modification, or Makeup?

Lady Gaga
 Lady Gaga
Sorry for my lack of updates lately!  I’ve been busy with book promotion lately, with the publication date just over a week away.  I’ll update you all on the many websites and blogs who have given early reviews of In Stitches, maybe tomorrow!  Now, back to celebrity plastic surgery:
 Lady Gaga 
Has Lady Gaga had plastic surgery?  Many of you may have seen some of her recent interviews which appear to show strange protrusions from her face.  Is this from plastic surgery?  Body modification?  Or maybe just makeup?  According to CNN.com:
Although those pointy protrusions she displayed on her face and shoulders at the Grammys and in her “Born This Way” music video seemed to mysteriously appear out of the blue, she explains in the May issue of Harper’s Bazaar that they’re not prosthetic – they’re her bones.
“They come out when I’m inspired,” Gaga says. “They’ve always been inside of me, but I have been waiting for the right time to reveal to the universe who I truly am.”
“I have never had plastic surgery, and there are many pop stars who have. I think that promoting insecurity in the form of plastic surgery is infinitely more harmful than an artistic expression related to body modification,” she says.
Gaga explains that her physical changes are “artistic expression…It’s a performance-art piece…I have never, ever encouraged my fans or anyone to harm themselves, nor do I romanticize masochism,” she says.
Body modification for the sake of art is something entirely different than the plastic surgery of Hollywood, she argues. “How many models and actresses do you see on magazine covers who have brand-new faces and have had plastic surgery, while I myself have never had any plastic surgery? I am an artist, and I have the ability and the free will to choose the way the world will envision me.”
So strange.  I would bet on makeup, since body modification like this (implanting metal rods), especially if performed by a non-plastic surgeon, is extremely painful and frought with complications.   Her music is pretty darn catchy though!

Lady Gaga

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...